Instagram may be growing as a marketing tool for B2B financial service brands. Instagram defines itself as a “fun and quirky way to share life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your mobile phone, then choose a filter to transform the image into a memory to keep around forever. We’re building Instagram to allow you to experience moments in your friends’ lives through pictures as they happen. We imagine a world more connected through photos.”
It has a large number of strong communities focused on specific interests and locations. These communities are willing to engage with brands as long as those brands understand the platform and behave as the communities expect.
Whatever your industry Instagram could play a part in your marketing and communications strategy to help clients and potential clients discover more about your business. This may be around the products and services you offer, the personalities and expertise of your employees or events, conferences and exhibitions that you are attending and participating in.
Instagram in numbers:
- over 150 million users on the platform, 16 billion photos shared, and 1 billion likes happening each day
- 22.4% of the Fortune 500 have Active Instagram Accounts. With the platform being launched in the USA first, American brands are ahead of UK and European businesses
- compare that to 387 of the Fortune 500 having Twitter accounts and 348 out of the Fortune 500 that have Facebook pages. While not as mature, Instagram is growing very quickly among the Fortune 500
- in terms of managing expectations it was found that for every 33 likes you get 1 comment on average
- among the F500 brands there is on average 18.54 likes per photo per 1,000 followers
- http://blog.bufferapp.com/instagram-stats-instagram-tips - http://info.trackmaven.com/fortune500-instagram-report (provide your details for the free report)