Getting to grips with Marketing Planning
Getting the most value from your marketing budget is becoming more of a challenge!
Every new supplier promises that they have the ‘silver bullet’ that can solve all of your problems. If only that was the case!
So, what should you think about in order to get the results that you want? Firstly, think about things ‘strategically’ – avoid the ‘last minute deal’ or the urge to ‘just try this…’ and think about how each activity will help improve upon the last and move you forward to delivering your business objectives.
But what is ‘strategic marketing’? There are many famous writers that have tried to summarise this – writing detailed books on the theory and practice, so we aren’t planning on writing anything to replace those.
Just a few things to consider:
- Build your brand.
- Plan before you act.
- Top down approach – using multiple touch points.
- Business-relevant marketing – helping you to achieve your business goals.
- Stand out from the crowd – ‘why choose us?’
- Listen to your customers – how and why do they buy?; what do they want?; touchstone on how relevant your products are.
- Look out for business opportunities and niches – they are not always where you might expect them to be.
- Measure all of your marketing activity – cost/benefit; make your marketing budget work for you; if something’s not working, why carry on with it?
If we can be of any help with the thinking around your plan or helping deliver it, just get in touch below.